Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Shitcanned-tivities #2: Start a Blog

I thought this was stock photograph that will be turned into an inspirational poster for a high school computer lab, but I think it's an actual portrait for a blog. These people are serious. And in very uncomfortable positions for typing.
The last time I offered a shitcanned-tivity tip, it was more of a suggestion of what not to do then an actual activity. I recommended not watching afternoon television between noon news and Oprah. You'll find yourself signing up for that Gun Repair course offered by ITT, so you'll know how to clean out your sawed off shotgun when you finally snap. While you're not watching afternoon television, I recommend holing up in front of your laptop and starting a blog. About anything. Unfortunately it's no longer 2003, so I don't think you'll be handed a book deal upon opening a Blogger account, but you'll feel like you're doing something. I also recommend adding Google Ads to your blog and obsessively checking to see if you've earned a penny in revenue yet. When you do "earn" that penny you might start thinking, "maybe I won't have to get a job after all." Obsessively stepping on the scale every time you find yourself in the bathroom after you publicly challenge yourself on your blog to workout everyday is another great way to pass the afternoon. Now that your blog and new compulsions are eating your life away, it'll be time for Oprah before you know it and you can participate in popular culture again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers