Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Writer's Block or LA Block?

So including today, I'm five posts behind in my little challenge. I would like to make up for it six days left in June, but I'm feeling a little blocked. Maybe I don't feel as excited to write everyday because I don't feel as excited about LA. LA's new car smell is starting to fade. I'm having a great time and everything is gong really well, but life's been status quo. This past week I've hosted a BBQ, went to some classes, went to the gym, hit golf balls, watched reality TV, and dropped a dress off at the dry cleaners. Aside from the "doing stuff outside" part, it's pretty standard stuff I would do in NYC. I always wanted this blog to be specifically focused about my new life in LA, not my life as an actor or as a comic. It shouldn't matter if we're an actor or a civil engineer, we all crave and fear change and have a "fish out of water" moment. In the beginning of the month, I realized that everything will be okay and can have a great life here. Now as I enter my fifth month here (which sort of feel like ten years), I'm finding a routine. Keeping a pack of Smart Dogs on hand at all times, getting cut off by five cars in a row on the freeway, asking for water in a restaurant, boxing your own leftovers at that restaurant, bars closing before the night really begins, and buying vodka at Walgreens just doesn't seem as weird anymore. I still have so much to learn and discover about this town. I still had a lot to learn and experience in NYC before I left. I didn't feel totally done with NYC, but it was time to start over. I have to get used to getting used to LA, but can't use it as an excuse to be bored with it. The honeymoon is over and now the real relationship begins. I hope LA doesn't leave towels on the floor, I really hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers