Friday, June 12, 2009

LA Lesson #5: June Gloom

When I first heard of June Gloom, I thought it was a poor attempt by Anglenos to create weather. It's real and it's starting to suck. For those unfamiliar with June Gloom, it's basically overcast (something about a marine layer) and gray until 3 in the afternoon and then maybe the sun will come out just in time to be in your eyes when you're in rush hour traffic. I liked it at first because it felt like home and I missed not having something to complain about. I could relate to everyone in NY bitching about the rain on Facebook. Now I'm sort of bummed and sort of don't want to leave the house or get dressed. I probably picked a really bad month to challenge myself to work out everyday. I sort of am losing the will to live let alone the will to be skinny. I think New Yorkers like bad weather because it gives them a reason to take circumstances out of their control personally, and wonder why Mother Nature is fucking with them. I think Angelenos use their version of bad weather to be even more passive and really not give shit about anything. Like putting on a bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers