Thursday, April 23, 2009

Camera Phone Files #4: YWD Magazine Party

Alex and I were invited by our wedding photographers, Barnaby Draper and Nicole Steakley to the Your Wedding Day Magazine party at the Ebell Club of Los Angeles. We didn't know what to expect. We first thought it could be a Bridal Expo with booths. If that was the case, we were prepared to remove our rings to get free crap. It would be free crap that we wouldn't need but free crap is free crap. Who couldn't use samples of personalized cocktail napkins and matchbooks. It turned out to be a gorgeous cocktail party with Marie Antoinette brides floating about. I kinda wish now we had a French Revolution themed wedding complete with a Guillotine photo booth. Barnaby recently moved his studio to Santa Barbara around the time we moved to LA. Unlike us, he has a thriving business in gorgeous Santa Barbara and I'm waiting around for a callback for a student film I auditioned for a month ago. In the spirit of being invited to a fabulous party by a professional photographer, I took some shitty camera phone pics. I'm sure these strangers totally appreciate having their pictures taken and appearing on this blog. I woke 3 am this morning with a raging case of booze sweats from the champagne and Blue Curacao cocktails. I don't know why you'd add Blue Curacao to a perfectly fine glass of champagne. It was like drinking a Windex-tini. We had a great time and met lots of fun people that I've already stalked on Facebook!

1 comment:

Followers