Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big Decision Announcement: Stylin' it up

Yes, Alex must wear the same shirt in every picture.
This weekend Alex and I walked around Venice. Venice Beach is basically Coney Island meets Chinatown. It's gross and dirty and there's a lot of shitty merchandise that hasn't moved since it was shipped from Taiwan. Abbot Kinney Blvd is great and we loved this wine bar/shop, Venice Beach Wines. We drove along the PCH to Santa Monica and Malibu. During our journey I decided I'm going to have a...lifestyle. It's kind of what you're supposed to do out here. I've known working to pay bills so you can do the work that you don't get paid for, not getting work to pay bills and freaking out about it, not even getting the work you want to do that doesn't pay, trying to figure out how to get paid for work you want to do, talking about work, hating work, wanting work. Work. I don't know what exactly what it means to have a lifestyle. I think you need to have very strong opinions about food and food preparation, read a lot of magazines, walk and hike and invest in a lot of accessories to help you walk and hike, keep a wine journal or a scrapbook or a scrapbook of your wine journals, say "hi" to people you don't know, be really into your pet, make weekend plans, take an assortment of cooking, yoga, Pilates, and meditation classes, ingest vitamin supplements regularly, make the bed, and grow stuff. I draw the line at wearing Crocs and doing a Master Cleanse. I don't know what led to to this decision. It happened sometime around my busy schedule of finding reasons to go to CVS down and signing up for a Slow Food Nation Club to make friends. So here's to you: Career That's Chugging Along at a Snail's Pace While I File for Unemployment! I won't spend a sleepless moment white knuckling my road to success and questioning if moving 3,000 miles away from everything I knew was a mistake. Instead, I raise my glass of Sauvignon Blanc I read about in Sunset Magazine's feature on "Bargain White Wines for Spring" and toast to you. Keep moving along, Career. I'll lubricate your gears by writing nervous emails to my manager and agent and signing up for temp agencies. Right now I'm busy taste testing my free range Olive Tapenade for the next meeting of my Decorative Throw Pillow Swap Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers