Tuesday, August 18, 2009

LA Lesson #6: Tar!

If only this blog was called "I Stomach Chapel Hill" then I can make a Tarheel joke.
Our new post-beach routine. It removes tar...and the top 2 layers of your skin.
This past weekend Alex and I headed back to the 'bu and hit Zuma Beach. The water was chilly , but the important thing is we didn't have to take the G to the E to Penn to a shuttle bus to get there. When we got ready to leave we noticed parts of our feet were covered in tar. Tar. Tar! There's nothing like coming to a beautiful beach and leaving smelling a newly paved driveway. I did a little research and apparently tar is par for the course when visiting LA beaches. I grew up in New York fearing medical waste and bodies washing up to the shore. When packing for a day at the beach remember your bottle of Goo Gone along with the sunscreen and towels!

1 comment:

  1. i'll ask my parents what we used to use to get the tar off of us as kids...i'm pretty sure it didn't remove any of my skin :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers