Monday, August 31, 2009

LA Field Trips #11 & Camera Phone Files #6: Hollywood Bowl

Last week, Alex and I hit the Hollywood Bowl with our new friend, Sarah. We had a great time meeting her friends and getting our culture on. There was a weird moment when we noticed a helicopter circling the Hollywood sign. When the light from the helicopter hit the sign, Sarah was certain she saw a guy running around. It was like watching an episode of 24 with Rhapsody in Blue as the soundtrack. We listened to big band jazz featuring James Moody, Roy Hargrove, Gordon Goodwin, and vocalist Roberta Gambarini. I didn't know who they are either. I don't go to a lot of concerts and this lit a fire under my ass to see more live music. Here are some of my crappy camera phone pics and Sarah's better digital camera pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers