Monday, February 16, 2009

Is it 2003?

No, it's 2009 and I've spent two weeks living in a urban/suburban sprawl and everyone I know is across the country and my sublet doesn't have HBO or Showtime. So here's my blog about new life in LA. As the inaugural post of my blog, let me set some ground rules:
  1. This blog will not replace our relationship. There's the phone, GChat, Facebook and $139 JetBlue flights.
  2. When making direct contact and you ask me about a certain event in my life, I will not respond: "Um, well, you know, I did write all about it on my blog." See Rule #1. And I haven't read your blog either.
  3. I'll probably be writing while flipping channels. And drinking wine. Alone. Though I have limited cable, I will probably find something that will catch my interest long enough to lose interest in writing, so I promise short posts.
  4. I promise to not act like I'm the first New York transplant in LA.
  5. Um, I don't know. I'm watching Rachel Maddow and spaced out.
To get into the spirit of things, here's Randy Newman's "I Love LA" video. I wish I walked off my flight into this video, just to feel better about clothes. In the spirit of Rule #3, I'm done. Welcome! More about driving, water that tastes like lead poisoning, LA rental market, and lots of pictures of palm trees tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers