Thursday, February 19, 2009

LA Field Trips #2: Griffith Park

Yesterday I took my first LA field trip to Griffith Park. It's actually right across the street from my apartment. I thought I'd jog through the park until I realized it's all uphill, so it was more of a brisk walk. I didn't stop until I got to the top of Griffith Park and check out the Griffith Observatory.
The Greek Theatre. I couldn't get in there to take pictures of the amphitheatre. It's basically LA's Delacorte Theatre.
I know it's been years now and it's awful hacky joke, but the Governor thing is even weirder when see it directly.
Here's Griffith Observatory.
Smog and nature fighting it out.
It's exciting to look up from your everyday life and see such iconic image in real life. The Chrysler Building always did it for me in New York.

4 comments:

  1. my high school graduation took place at the greek theatre. kinda weird now that i think about it. when i lived in bay ridge, every morning on the train to work i'd look out the window to see the statue of liberty. that was my first year in ny. crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out thie YouTube clip from "Rebel Without a Cause." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M0v5x9j7gw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's James Dean's "Knife Fight" at the Conservatory. Enjoy this great acting by Dean and Mineo. Ok..Wood is ok too with her "expressions". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP7CI_gAJJc&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making a park look interesting. In NY news, I am wearing a turtleneck sweater and rubbing the subway off my hands vigorously with sanitizer.

    ReplyDelete

Followers