Thursday, March 11, 2010

Social Network Spring Cleaning

IF...
  • I have no idea who you are and we never met...
  • You live in a foreign country or speak a different language and I have no idea who you and we never met...
  • You need to post everything you ever do during the day and I have no idea who you are and we never met...
  • Your profile pic is an eight year-old black and white headshot...
  • You posted way too much glitter clip art on my page...
  • Your bar or restaurant closed two years ago...
  • Your show closed two years ago...
  • Your sketch group or band broke up two years ago...
  • You last logged into your account two years ago...
I released you from my MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. Please don't take it personally, it's just all too much! I'm not really reading your status updates, tweets or looking at your pics. I'm not coming to your show because I live thousands and thousands of miles away. I'm not joining your fan group because we are equally not famous and unsuccessful, and I am not your fan, I am your peer. After cleaning out all the self-promotion clutter, it's so lovely to really see and appreciate the collection of real people that matter in my life: family, friends, former co-workers, teachers, and classmates, neighbors, performers and industry professionals whose work I actually know and love. So if you were able to see the Facebook status announcing this post, I know you and I like you and you matter to me. Don't get cocky though, everyone is one "Lil Green Patch" away from getting cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers